Friday 3 December 2010

Welcome to the beginning of something lovely

Hello there. Welcome to the very first entry of a brand new blog, a blog that, if all goes well, should last for the next three years. I won't bore you with all the details here - they're written elsewhere (http://www.unicycle50.com/) - but basically I'm going to be cycling from 2011 to 2013 to each of the fifty capital cities of Europe while studying for two degrees with the Open University. Well, it's something to do, isn't it?

Between now and the 31st March 2011 - the official start date - this blog will cover my preparations and other nonsense that occurs to me. After that it'll get more exciting and will suddenly be teeming with photos of fabulous cities, picturesque mountains and East European industrial estates as well as stories of the exciting people I've met, the strange food I've eaten and perhaps what it feels like to be run over by a Romanian juggernaut. So please bear with me as the countdown counts down.

This won't be the only blog of this adventure. I'll also be blogging on the Open University's community website, Platform, but the content won't be the same on both. I'm not sure what the difference will be yet. Over there it'll probably be more studenty, y'know, about the trials of the courses, the problems of studying via a laptop and of course how fit Rachel Riley is.

There's also the Facebook page for UniCycle50. That's where the majority of my photos will go. If you nip over there and 'Like' the page then piccies will be delivered directly to your Facebook newsfeed. That's what I'd do. And follow this blog, obviously. And the OU one. And donate loads of cash to each of my charities. But that's just me.

So now the blog's Welcome message has been written I'll have to think of something witty and insightful to write about for the next one. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. If you just want to call me a dick and tell me to get a job then please get in the queue behind my mum.

Toodle pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment